KEF Wireless System is an ideal add-on for any existing rear surround sound speaker set-up (regardless of the brand) and can also be used for stereo speakers in a hi-fi system where hiding cables is an inconvenience, especially when the amplifier is some distance from the speakers.
· CD quality audio transmission (2.4GHz radio frequency)
· Real time audio delivery with no mutes, audio dropouts or loss of bonding
· Wireless receivers can be used with any speaker of the user's choice
· AAFHSS (Advanced Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum) with advanced forward error correction
· Unique Pre-emptive frequency hopping and adaptive channel diversity feature
In order to achieve real full-bodied audiophile sound reproduction KEF has developed a leading edge 2.4GHz wireless transmission technology that uses the most advanced error protection and sophisticated 'intelligent' adaptive frequency hopping, ensuring an interference free signal. This makes certain that the tranmission is not affected by such things as microwave ovens, mobile or digital cordelss telephones, and wireless LAN routers, while still providing the superior sound quality demanded by true audiophiles.
Users can locate the speakers virtually anywhere they want to in the room whilst still receiving remarkable CD quality sound with exceptional clarity and remarkable lack of extraneous interference.
Simply connect a receiver to each speaker and partner the transmitter with your amplifier to make wires across your floor a thing of the past. You then also have the option of relocating your speakers when necessary, such as hiding them safely away during parties, because you don't have to maintain a line of sight between transmitter and speakers.
Note: Wireless system is compatible with the full range of KEF speakers but also can be used with most other brands.
· Frequency band 2.4 - 2.4835 Ghz (ISM band)
· Data rate Up to 1.1 Mbps
· Transmission protocol AAFHSS
· Range 25m (27.3 yards) Typical Maximum
· Amplifier 2 x 50W digital amplifiers
· Sensitivity 80 dB typical
· Frequency range 20 Hz - 2 kHz
· Peak audio output 50W rms
· Minimum Impedance 4 ohms
· Available finishes High Gloss Black
· Receiver Module Dimensions 5.8 x 3.1 3.1 inches (147 x 79 x 79 mm)
· Transmitter Module Dimensions 5.8 x 3.1 x 3.1 inches (147 x 79 x 79 mm)